INTRODUCING YOURSELF IN FRENCH / SE PRÉSENTER EN FRANÇAIS



Hello everyone! :)
In this new lesson, let’s see quickly some words and how to introduce yourself in French. I am just giving you quick tips to remember easily some basic forms in French! I hope it will be helpful! Don’t forget to stay tuned here for new articles and of course, the second parts of the lessons we have already seen! It’s coming!


● Je m’appelle (nom). / My name is (name).

● J’ai 25 ans. / I am 25 years old.  Remember how to say your age with numbers! In this case it will be: J’ai ‘‘vingt-cinq’’ ans.

● J’habite en France. / I am living in France.
or
● Je vis en France. / I am living in France. Insinuating you are living right now, at the moment, currentlywith “vis” (verb “vivre”, “to live (somewhere)”). 

● J’habite à Paris. / I am living in Paris.
or
● Je vis à Paris / I am living in Paris. Insinuating you are living right now, at the moment, currentlywith “vis” (verb “vivre”, “to live (somewhere)”)

● Je suis né à Paris. / I was born in Paris.
                 en Corée / in Korea
                 en Suisse / in Swiss
                 en Chine / in China
                 aux États-Unis (USA) / In the United Stated of America (USA)

● Mon hobby est le sport / My hobby is sport
                        la natation / swimming
                        l’équitation / horse riding
                        le dessin  / drawing
                        la musculation  / gym, musculation, lifting
                        voyager  / to travel
                        la musique / music 
"Hobby" is same in French and English, we use this word as well, but another term to say "Hobby" in French is "Passe-temps". Literally translated "pasttime", something you use to pass your time and have fun. So you can say "Mon passe-temps est le sport"

● Je viens du Japon / I am from Japan 
                 de Corée / from Korea
                 de France / from France
                 d’Angleterre / from the UK 
                 de Russie / from Russia
same as ‘‘Je suis né (I was born)’’ or ‘‘Je vis’’ (I am living) but it’s just another way to introduce the place where you are living.  Here again, you can choose what’s best for you! But basically, you will mostly use “Je viens (I am from…) if you are on vacations somewhere and you know you will be back to your country soon, so you say to people who ask you “Where are you from?” (D’où viens-tu?) : I am from…. (Je viens de….)



If you want to take complete online classes with me, visit the "Online courses" page on this blog or do not hesitate to contact me! I give classes online according to your level, your goals... You can take one class with me for something you want to learn just once, or take regular classes if you want a regular particular teacher to help you improve your skills! The choice is yours! I propose 1 hour of course for 20€, you can pay me via this blog on the "Online courses" page! Thanks :)




Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

BY, THROUGH / PAR

WITH / AVEC

AND, OR / ET, OU